Reserving CISE Computer Labs
Who can reserve a Lab?
In general, only faculty or TAs acting in behalf of faculty members can reserve CISE labs.
- E113 (Linux Lab -- 24 machines)
- E115 (Linux Lab -- 24 machines)
- E116 (Linux Lab -- 24 machines)
- E309 (Linux Lab -- 15 machines)
- E312 (Linux Lab -- 09 machines)
- E313 (Linux Lab -- 12 machines)
To reserve a CISE lab, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Typical Reasons for Reserving a Lab
In general, the reservable labs are for supplementing CISE courses that need students to be at a computer during classtime, e.g., for labs or discussion sections.
Alternatives to Lab Reservations
Some activities are not ideally suited to lab reservations. Below is a table of alternatives to reserving CISE computer labs.
|Holding meetings where computer use is not needed or is needed only by the speaker||Reserve a CISE conference room (see below)|
|Defending theses or dissertations||Reserve a CISE conference room (see below)|
|Reserving a CSE classroom (220, 221, 222) and possibly using any computer equipment managed by the Office of Academic Technology||Contact the Undergraduate Advisors on firstname.lastname@example.org (see below).|
Current Lab Reservations in the CISE department
Before requesting a reservation, please check the room for available times. Click on a link to see the reservations for a pariticular semester.
This is a list of lab reservations for the current semester:
Computer Labs with no associated links currently have no reservations. Please contact email@example.com if you need to reserve a lab in the CISE Department.
=== Information on Other Rooms (other than CISE computer labs)
- CISE Conference Rooms
- For information on reserving a CISE conference room, please go to the main office in E301. Typically, a only faculty members or students acting on behalf of faculty members (such as when defending theses or dissertations) can reserve conference rooms.
- Classrooms in the CSE Building or Other Buildings
- For information on during-term ad hoc classroom reservations in CSE (220, 221, 222), please contact the Undergraduate Advisors on firstname.lastname@example.org